We anticipate that spin-out companies will continue to be a popular mechanism to monetise the UK’s leading research in life sciences and technology.
With this in mind, we explore some of the key considerations in relation to spin-out processes for all interested parties, including:
- What is the process of creating a spin-out and the decision making that comes with that?
- What are the director’s responsibilities?
- Corporate governance – how can you reduce the risk of information being shared with competitors?
- How are intellectual property rights (IPRs) dealt with in spin-outs?
- Are there special taxation rules for spin-outs?
Read the full article now "Spin-out companies - what do you need to consider?"